Homeschool Day is dedicated to families seeking STEM enrichment outside of a school environment. The Museum is open only to Homeschool families and families with students who are learning from home on these days. Each Homeschool Tuesday includes 1-hour class or a 2-hour field excursion led by a Fairbanks Museum educator. In addition, every week features a self-guided Naturalist's project (artifact from our collections for illustration or close examination, treasure hunt, puzzle, or other self-directed activity).
Safety is our priority. Our classes are limited to 8 students, and all materials are kept clean for your health and protection. Please stay on the Museum campus while your student is in a guided instruction. All visitors are required to wear cloth face coverings, and students must be accompanied by an adult for field excursions.
Because space in these programs is limited, students must be registered in advance for each Homeschool program. With your Homeschool Membership, you can come to the Museum any Tuesday for independent STEM enrichment.
Costs for all guided instruction (at the Museum or in the field)
- $10/student for 1 class
- $8/student sibling discount for 1 class
- $100 Homeschool Membership (12 Homeschool classes + Family Membership)
Homeschool Tuesdays Themes
- 8: Natural History (K - 2) FULL
- 15: Astronomy (grades 3 - 5)
- 22: Weather & Climate (grades 6 - 8)
- 29: Field Excursion (all levels) FULL
- 6: Astronomy (grades K - 2) FULL
- 13: Weather & Climate (grades 3 - 5)
- 20: Natural History (grades 6 - 8)
- 27: Field Excursion (all levels) FULL